Wordless Wednesday ~ 6.2

The world is my lobster. ~ Henry J. Tillman

Qu’ils mangent de la briouche. (Let them eat cake.)

Share and Enjoy:
  • Digg
  • del.icio.us
  • Facebook
  • Google Bookmarks
  • Blogplay
  • RSS
  • Tumblr
  • Twitter
This entry was posted in Dinner, Wordless Wednesday and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

9 Comments

1. Posted June 2, 2010 at 8:30 am | Permalink

That’s some big lobsters. Nice.

2. Posted June 2, 2010 at 8:58 am | Permalink

I could never do that! It’s a childhood thing I have… when my dad was steaming crabs, I heard the little screams and them scratching the sides to get out! It’s a wonder I even enjoy them. I just won’t do the kill :)

3. Posted June 2, 2010 at 10:02 am | Permalink

@John – They were literally two meals worth. So good.

@Kim – I have a memory of being little “playing” with Maine lobsters on my kitchen floor with my sister. We started singing “Help Me Rhonda” once they were put in the pot, changing the lyrics “get her out of my heart” to “get me out of the pot.” Weird, I know. :)

4. Posted June 2, 2010 at 12:27 pm | Permalink

We used to race them before we cooked them.

Winner went in the pot last.

Only problem is that I don’ t eat food that looks the same on my plate as it does in its natural habitat. (now chop that lobstah up, add some mayo, and serve it to me on a hot dog bun, and we’re in business).

5. Posted June 2, 2010 at 1:01 pm | Permalink

@WRH/Jane – I’m amazed to find out you would even eat it that way. Anytime I’m about to post a seafood blog, I think to myself, WRH/Jane is gonna hate this.

6. Posted June 2, 2010 at 4:12 pm | Permalink

When I was a kid, on family vacations up north, I’d catch crayfish (like tiny lobsters), and at the end of a week we’d put everything I caught into a big pot and boil ‘em. One year it was 150.

@Kim – My dad told me it’s not them screaming – it’s the sound of the excess pressure from their innards boiling escaping through newly formed cracks in their shells. Like a tea pot whistle. I know – I totally didn’t help, did I.

But 150 screaming crayfish? Sounded like an operatic choir to me. Operatic choir dipped in butter.

7. Posted June 2, 2010 at 4:19 pm | Permalink

@Dan of Steel – How I love me some crayfish. Operatic choir dipped in butter, indeed. Dammit, now I’m hungry.

8. Posted June 2, 2010 at 10:46 pm | Permalink

Also?

If I ever start a band? I’m calling dibbs on “150 Screaming Crayfish.”

9. Posted June 3, 2010 at 11:28 am | Permalink